4/30/2018

Election Process

Dan works on Kingston Telecom Project.


Greetings to my neighbors of Jefferson County. If we haven't met already, my name is Dan Toepper and I would like to represent you as the next Jefferson County Public Utility District #1 Commissioner (JPUD) from District 3. JPUD has three (3) elected Commissioners, who serve 6-year terms. The districts are the same as those of your County Commissioners. The Election process is two-fold. A primary election cycle for District 3 voters runs from May through July.

With only two candidates in the race, my name will not appear on the primary ballot. However, my name will appear on the November ballot. I am asking for your support so that I will be successful in both cycles.  Voter turnout and participation is important in both election cycles. I urge you to please mark your ballots for all the elected officials and ballot initiatives especially the PUD race which doesn’t always get as much attention.

The JPUD Commissioner position is a non-partisan race.  I am filing as a No-Party Preference candidate, which means that I am not affixed or affiliated to any political party and won’t be receiving financial help from any political party.  I also ran for County Free-Holder in 2013 as No-Party Preference and as a candidate for Jefferson County Commissioner in 2014 as a No-Party Preference candidate.  No-Party Preference means that I don’t have anything against people from any organized political party.  I simply choose not to be partisan or prejudiced against individuals who chose party affiliations.  I prefer to deal with the issues and possible solutions in a respectful and thoughtful manner. I am interested in what everyone has to say regardless if you are a Democrat, Republican, Independent or Libertarian; good ideas are not exclusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment